Go down
mark60
mark60

The Sabbath Empty The Sabbath

on Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:43 pm
In the Bible we are told to keep the Sabbath, or 7th day, holy and to rest on that day. And yet how many Christians do work on Saturday (the Sabbath) and rest on Sunday? I was recently convicted about this. Keeping the Sabbath is a commandment (Exodus 20:8-11) that I think we've forgotten about. The Jews held their worship on the Sabbath. Now I'm not advocating that we move church to Saturday, we worship in spirit now and can and should worship God every day. But do we rest on Saturday as we are commanded?

Now I've heard it said that we worship on Sunday since Jesus raised from the dead on that day, and that's fine. I've also heard that the early Christians worshiped on Sunday (usually referencing Acts 20:7) and maybe they did, but I'm sure they still kept the Sabbath. I can't find anywhere in the bible that says the Sabbath commandment was changed.

Actually, Acts 20:7 takes place on a Saturday night, not Sunday night. The Hebrew day started at sunset, so Saturday night is considered the start of the first day of the week.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum