View previous topicGo downView next topic
deepsky

A Cool Article about Joseph

on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:48 am
One reason I hope this forum will be useful is that I come across a lot of interesting links and such. Here is one I found interesting. There are so many parallels between Jesus and Joseph.
https://www.oneforisrael.org/bible-based-teaching-from-israel/the-mindblowing-detail-in-the-joseph-story-everyone-misses/
Not sure why the link function isn't working. Share any comments!
J. Riley Corrigan
Admin

Re: A Cool Article about Joseph

on Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:43 pm
That is an interesting parallel the author drew. I couldn't help but notice further implications of the relationship between Jesus and His criminals versus the relationship between Joseph and his criminals.

First I noticed that the inverse relationship in Jesus remembering His criminal as opposed to the criminal forgetting Joseph is an illustration of the difference between God and man relationally. Where God is eternally faithful and trustworthy, fallen man is prone to failure and forgetfulness. This also stands as one of many scriptural proofs of Jesus" divinity because where man failed he prevailed, just as He redeemed us of the sin of Adam

I thought that perhaps it is also no coincidence thay Jesus' earthly father was also names Joseph. It sort of points back to the story of Joseph in a way that shows a demarkation point. What I mean by that is that it brings Joseph forward to demonstrate the ways that the order between God and man changed when Jesus entered the story in flesh.

Good read Dan, thanks for sharing that!
J. Riley Corrigan
Admin

on Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:45 pm
And just so you know the links work fine if you just paste them. You can also hyperlink them to plain text, its just a little more involved.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum